Effective Date: July 12, 2022
Through Duration Services, we collect information about Clients and Consumers. “Clients” are websites or publications that use Duration services, or natural persons who interact with Duration on behalf of such websites or publications. “Consumers” are individuals who visit our Client’s websites.
Information You Provide to Us
The Personal Information we gather helps us provide the Duration services. Clients may choose to provide us with Personal Information by interacting with us.
Information from Clients: We collect additional Personal Information from Clients. The Client registration process through Duration requires a valid email address and a username and password. We may also request information from you to support use of the Duration services, such as the first and last name, bio, year of birth, telephone number, websites, software, mobile applications, log in IP addresses, physical address, zip code, and country of residence for the Publisher contact. We may collect information about the categories of content our Clients typically make available to others on pages integrated with Duration Services and link this information to Personal Information provided for that account. For example, we categorize the types of content that Clients make available. We collect payment information from Clients who purchase Duration Services, including by participating in our advertising services. A Client may also choose to provide us with log-in credentials for accounts with third-party services such as online advertising providers, in order for Duration to provide services, such as reporting, based on information from those third-party services.
You can choose not to provide us with certain Personal Information, but this may limit the features of the Duration Services you are able to use.
Information Collected Via Technology
As you use the Duration Services as a Client or browse websites within the Duration Publisher network as a Consumer, certain information may also be collected passively (as described in this section), including your web viewing activities, browser agent, browser type, operating system, IP address (which may be used to generate your approximate geographic location), device type, mobile device identifiers, email address that has been hashed to generate an alphanumeric identifier, use of ad blocking tools, information about the possible relationships among different browsers and devices, and information about the precise location of your device (if you have allowed a website to collect your location through your browser or have enabled location services on a mobile device). This information may be linked to Personal Information that identifies your browser or device, including through cookies.
Duration may store cookies on your device:
- For Clients, to allow you to use our Duration Services, and access secure areas of the Duration Services. Without these cookies, it is not possible to load or offer key functionalities on our website, such as logging in to your account, displaying dynamic elements or uploading information.
- For both Clients and Consumers, for statistical purposes and to analyze and improve the use and performance of our Duration Services and to do the same for our Publishers’ websites.
Our Duration Services may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them).
Information from Other Sources
We may receive Other Information as well as Personal Information about you from other sources, and combine it with the information that we collect through the Duration Services. In addition to the types of information described above, this Personal Information may include, for example, mobile advertising identifiers, information about your activities across unrelated websites or mobile applications, demographic information, email address that has been hashed to generate an alphanumeric identifier, information about the possible relationships between different browsers and devices, information about you from offline sources, and/or precise information about the past or present location of a mobile device.
For Consumers: Interest-Based Advertising and Opting Out
For our legitimate business interests, and with your consent where this is required, we may process and disclose your Personal Information for interest-based advertising as described in this section.
Opting Out of Duration’s Activities: Duration collects, uses, and discloses web viewing data, app usage data, and precise location data across non-affiliated sites and apps over time for the purpose of delivering interest-based advertising to this device or different devices. You can choose to opt out of Duration’s interest-based advertising activities on your device. If you choose to opt out, we will not collect, use, or transfer such data from or on the device that you opted out, for the purpose of interest-based advertising.
If you wish to opt out of Duration’s collection, use, or transfer of such data from your browser for interest-based advertising purposes, you can visit https://www.aboutads.info/ to learn more about interest-based advertising and to exercise your opt-out choice with respect to Duration and other companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory program.
When you use the opt-out tools above, your choice will be effective only on the browser or device where you exercised the choice. If you use a different device or browser, you will need to renew your opt-out choice. Our opt-out tool for browsers is cookie-based. It will be installed only if your browser is set to accept third-party cookies, and if you delete this cookie then you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Opting out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser. Even if you opt out, you still may receive advertising from the Duration Services when you visit websites of a Publisher who uses our Services, but that advertising will not be targeted to you. If you opt out of Duration’s practices, you may also continue to receive interest-based advertising through other companies not related with Duration.
Use of Personal Information
We process Personal Information to enable our business, including but not limited to the following:
- For Consumers:
- We will use your Personal Information to provide interest-based advertising and to support third parties’ interest-based advertising activities as described above, based on your consent.
- We will use your Personal Information to provide a variety of services to Publishers and other business partners including analytics and data services, based on your consent.
- For Publishers:
- We will use your Personal Information to provide products and services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us. The processing is necessary for the execution of a contract you concluded with Duration.
- Duration will use a Publisher’s payment account information to make payments to you as part of our Services, if applicable. The processing is necessary for the execution of a contract you concluded with Duration.
- If a Publisher chooses to provide us with log-in credentials for accounts with third-party services such as online advertising providers, Duration will use the credentials to access and provide you with services you request, such as reporting on your use of those third-party services. Duration may also use aggregate data obtained in this way for our internal purposes to improve the Duration Services. The processing is necessary for the execution of a contract you concluded with Duration.
- We may monitor any Publisher account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law. The processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or based on our legitimate interest of fraud prevention..
- We may also use the Personal Information you provided to provide you with electronic newsletters, transactional, or promotional e-mails, based on your consent or on our legitimate interests of promoting our products and services with our clients, as applicable.
- For Everyone:
- We monitor the use of the Duration Services, and use your Personal Information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, based on your consent or on our legitimate interests as applicable.
- We may use your information to invite you to take part in market research, based on your consent or on our legitimate interests of improving our products, content, services, and websites, as applicable.
- We may use your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and protect Duration legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with law enforcement requests, legal process or litigation).
Use of Other Information
We may collect Other Information through the Duration Services or we may create Other Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name or email address) that makes you or your device identifiable. We may use Other Information for a variety of purposes to operate and improve the Duration Services.
As examples, we may use Other Information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, analyzing usage patterns, market research, data analysis, improving the Duration Services and developing new products.
We may also use Other Information on Consumers’ activities at Publisher websites, such as page views, use of ad blocking technology, and search queries, to provide aggregate information to Publishers so that they can improve their offerings.
Disclosure of Information
- Publishers: We may disclose Personal Information to Publishers and their service providers in order to provide the Duration Services, such as measuring the effectiveness of advertising, advertising attribution, and preventing advertising fraud.
- Other Third-Party Customers: We may disclose Personal Information that identifies your device to our third-party customers, who will use and disclose the information for their own purposes. Please see above for more information on how we may disclose Personal Information for interest-based advertising, and your choices related to this practice.
- Service Providers: We may provide your Personal Information to third-party service providers and data processors who work on behalf of or with us to provide the Duration Services and to help us communicate with you. Examples include other advertising services and data enrichment services. Examples of such services include sending email, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service.
- Law Enforcement: We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Duration, you, or third parties.
- Other Information: We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose in our discretion, to the extent permitted under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use or disclose it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
For Consumers: For Personal Information collected through our Duration Commerce services, our policy is to retain Consumers’ Personal Information for a maximum of eighteen months. Consumer Personal Information collected through all other Duration Services is to be retained for a maximum of one year. However, laws, legal claims or other particular circumstances may require us to keep certain Personal Information longer.
We may retain Other Information for our business purposes, in our discretion or as permitted by law.
Unsubscribe instructions will accompany each promotional email we send you. You can also contact us in order to change your preferences with respect to promotional emails (or other contacts if you are registered as a Publisher) by emailing us at ops@Durationmedia.net. We will send you messages related to our relationship or transactions with you. You may not opt-out of these communications, but if you do not wish to receive these announcements, you have the option to deactivate your account as described below.
For Consumers, please see above for information on opting out of Duration’s collection, use and transfer of data for interest-based advertising purposes.
For Publishers: Access and Changes to Your Personal Information
Connected to the Duration Services, we store and may display some of the information entered upon creation of a Publisher account, such as username (or display name) and bio, as well as network of connections. In order to access and remove or modify this bio and display name, and/or other contact information that is not displayed, you may login to your Duration account, select the “Account” option, and edit the contact details. To prevent any other information from the account being displayed by the Duration Services, you may contact us at ops@duration,media.net to deactivate your account. When we deactivate Personal Information, it will be deactivated from our active databases but may remain in our archives.
Additional Rights for Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Where we require Personal Information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested Personal Information is optional.
For Consumers: California Privacy Rights
This section contains disclosures for Consumers required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). This section applies only to “personal information” that is subject to the CCPA. (Publisher personal information is not “sold” under the CCPA and is otherwise exempt from the CCPA at this time.)
Consumers with disabilities may access this notice by using a standard screen reader.
Personal Information We Collect, Disclose for a Business Purpose, and Sell.
We collect this personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Service providers;
- Affiliates not under the Duration brand; or
Why We Collect, Use, and Share California Information.
- Our commercial purposes, including providing interest-based advertising for and to Consumers; providing our Services to our Publishers as described in this Policy; and marketing our Services.
- Our business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider) such as account servicing, processing orders, and analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time uses.
Recipients of California Personal Information.
We sell the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties listed below:
- Our Publishers and third-party customers, which include the following categories of third parties:
- Demand Side Platforms;
- Advertising/marketing companies;
- Advertising networks;
- Internet service providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Operating systems and platforms;
- Affiliates not under the Duration brand.
We disclose the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties listed below for business purposes:
- Our Publishers;
- Service providers;
- Affiliates not under the Duration brand;
- Advertising networks and other partners who buy ad space from Publishers;
- Internet service providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Operating systems and platforms
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information.
California Consumers have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California Consumer, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information;
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
- The right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information. Please note that if you opt out of certain types of sales, we will be unable to provide you with the services that rely on such sales.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information by emailing us at email@example.com.
For opt-out requests, you can also visit: https://youradchoices.com/
Verification Process and Required Information.
Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We will require you to provide, at a minimum, your email address, device identifier, and cookie identifier (which we collect automatically on our webform).
You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf by verifying your identity and giving the agent written permission to make a request for you.
Minors’ Right to Opt In.
We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Cross-border Transfer of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be processed by us in the country where it was collected as well as other countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Security and Confidentiality
Duration has put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect.
If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.